HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Mine Health and Safety Act of 1996, and OHS Act of South Africa and applicable Codes of Practice. We also commit to comply with all site specific policies and procedure of possible clients on projects we undertake to complete.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of workers
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each worker has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
We seek the co-operation of all workers, customers and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where workers are required to work off-site.
HEALTH AND SAFETY TARGETS
SAFETY TARGETS FOR 2017
- Near Misses – Zero Tolerance
- Incidents – Zero Tolerance
- First Aid Cases – Zero Tolerance
- Medical Treatment – Zero Tolerance
- Lost Time Incidents – Zero Tolerance
ENVIRONMENTAL TARGETS 2017
- On Site Incidents – Zero Tolerance
- Off-site Incidents – Zero Tolerance
Nvirobuild has adopted a zero tolerance towards safety and environmental incidents. These goals will be challenging but enforcement thereof will be part of our normal day to day business.
We will encourage a safer workplace in every way possible, a cleaner environment after every project, and better relations towards projects and communities.
Nvirobuild believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
WE WILL STRIVE TO:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources.
- Publicise our environmental position.
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Nvirobuild will periodically review the performance and Act on these results in an appropriate manner.
WE RECOGNISES OUR KEY IMPACTS TO BE IN THE AREAS OF:
- energy use
- raw material use
- waste generation
- emissions to air/water
- water use